Got 3 things from Adafruit today:
- Many more assorted M/M jumper wires (you really want lots of lengths and colors).
- A DHT22 temperature/humidity sensor.
- A POS-type motion sensor.
- The best info on how to use the Adafruit wiring plan and code was in French at http://www.manuel-esteban.com/lire-une-sonde-dht22-avec-un-raspberry-pi/ -- luckily I still remember enough francais from 60 years ago to get by.
- The sample program did the hard part of reading the DHT22, but it didn't suit me otherwise. More luck: that program was written in C Language. While at the old Bell Labs and Clemson U. I programmed mostly in C from 1972 to the late '90s. I simplified the program down to what I needed and fixed a small bug: the code as I found it returned success even when the DHT22 was read incorrectly.